bodyplaceblogposts on shearwaters


Sarah Crinall
bodyplaceblogposts
Shearwaters Return Exhibition
October 2013


"its mid winter
and the wind howls outside.
my dressing gown
is like a down feather layer
and the sun warms me
sun trapped between my feathers and my body.

I am a shearwater.

Roosting in my rookery.

Shearwaters arrive in september
hearts enlarged
stomachs reduced
fat stores depleted
ready
to
roost
in their
rookery.

Some have energy
and others
lay here and there
dotted amongst garden beds
roads
along streets
and paths.

Trying
but not always succeeding to
make it between homes."

- sarah, 7th May, 2013





In our day to day
A local melodrama
Is
Playing out.
the shearwater
Is stranded
between
the story of us and the story of
Surf beach
And we
Are becoming inter
actable
parts of this place
through
Edie's
knitted shearwater.


- Sarah, 6th May 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment